Winter and skiing
WINTER AT SOLNESET GARD IS SUMMARISED IN A THREE-LETTER WORD: SKI
SEASON:: December to March/April.
SUITABLE: Individuals, friends, couples, and group events.
DID YOU KNOW?
We are the only farm hotel in Norway available for private hire.
We offer a rare chance to experience authentic farm life with laid-back luxury lodging privatised for you and your guests.
Whether a birthday celebration or friends and family enjoying a trip together, memories are made year-round with our group events.
For a bespoke quotation, contact our business Whatsapp: +4790708705
Availability is limited.
Our farm hotel is the choice for many who ski as we have excellent conditions for mountain, off-piste, cross country and randonée.
The nights grow longer, and snow blankets the resting ground. In the extraordinary brilliance of a wintry afternoon, guests gather around an open fire by the lake, indulging in the heat of its flames after a morning spent walking beneath brilliant blue skies and a white sun. The rustling of sheep in their modern winter enclosure and the occasional neighing of horses are reminders that Solneset is still very much alive. White lights illuminate the ever-darkening evenings where, within, small stoves warm the lounge and dining spaces.
Gulfjellet Located behind the Farm, you will find the highest pike in the Bergen area (Gullfjellstoppen) at 987 meters above sea level. Here you can find peaceful and quiet places where it can be long before you meet another skier. In recent years, the area has become a popular randonée area, where you can make your own track in untouched snow. Even in dark evenings, it has become popular to drive with good headlamps.
Ulriken Between the Farm and the city of Bergen, you will find the mountain which also has a lot of skiing possibilities. It is possible to walk from the Farm over Ulriken to the city centre. Then you can combine a ski trip with amazing views and a city trip in one; it is convenient to use public transport back to the Farm.
Voss One hour from the Farm, where you will find the largest ski resort in Western Norway. Voss has something to offer skiers at all levels, whether you are a beginner just learning how to ski, or an experienced skier looking for something a bit more challenging.
We provide detailed maps and guidance to all guests.
Weather conditions vary, from bright sun and fresh snow to intense wind with flying snow.
We can assist in finding the best quality equipment, experience and the right clothing for comfort and safety.
In return, you get fantastic nature in varied and exciting mountain terrain. With high peaks, sheltered valleys and great off-piste downhill skiing.
Test out different variants from Hygglo
Free Concierge Service: Our passion is to give tailor-made advice to our guests so that they can see and experience exactly what they want. Mountain hikes, waterfalls, glaciers, fjord cruises, museums, art, concerts - we know our area and would like to share our knowledge with you as our guest.
How to get to the Farm:
Bergen Airport (BGO) is only 40 minutes by public transport or 25 minutes by car.
Arna Train Station, on the Oslo - Bergen line, is only 20 minutes by public transport or 10 minutes by car.
We also have an 8-seter minibus for transfer to the airport, train station, city centre and start point for skiing.
How to get to the start point for skiing:
We provide an 8-seter minibus for transfer to the start point for skiing on Gullfjellet (Gold Mountain) and Ulriken.
To Voss, we recommend going by train from Arnat Station (ca. one hour)
Reservation/booking of Rooms:
- Your reservation is not refundable, but dates can be changed (not reduced) up on request
- Your stay can be extended after booking, and after arrival (if there are rooms available)
- In rooms with beds for more than two people it will be an extra charge per person/night over two years old.
- Stay for children under the age of two is free of charge.
- Pets are only allowed in Standard Room 1st. Floor - pet fee is NOK 150,- per night (payment in reception on arrival).
- We are not giving refunds if you don't show up, or if you are leaving earlier than booked.
- Included in the price: Sauna - Concierge Service - Boats/canoe/kayak/barbeque-equipment (coal, firewood and lighter fluid are not included).
- Paid services: Washing Machine & Dryer - Transportation - Rent of bikes - Charcoal/igniting liquid.
- The Rescue Cabin on Gullfjellet
- Ut.no / Local Hikes
- Espeland Museum
- Arna Salomon River
- Veteran Train Museum
- The Heathland Centre
- Hang and Paragliding club right by the farm
- SPAR Grocery (2 km)
- Visit Bergen
- Arna train station
- Visit Osterøy
- Visit Hardanger Fjord
- Voss Folkemuseum
- Ulriken - updated hike conditions
- Private Fjordcruise by Zodiac Speed Boat
- Tour/hiking tips Westland
- Maximum discount in all tollstations, ferries and bridges