Winter and skiing
RANDONE - OFF-PISTE SKIING - MOUNTAIN CROSS COUNTRY SKIING
Close to the farm, there are excellent conditions for skiing, both mountain, off-piste, cross country and randonée.
Normal season from the end of December to March/April.
Just behind the farm where you will find the highest pike in the Bergen area (Gullfjellstoppen) at 987 meters above sea level. Here you can find peaceful and quiet areas, where it can be a long time before you meet another skier. In recent years, the area has become a popular randonée area, where you can make your own track in untouched snow. Even in dark evenings, it has become popular to drive with good headlamps.
Between the Farm and the city of Bergen, you will find the mountain Ulriken which also has a lot of skiing possibilities. It is actually possible to walk from the farm over Ulriken to the city centre. Then you can combine a ski trip with amazing views and a city trip in one. Back to the farm, it's convenient to use public transport back to the farm.
Here are some samples of great randone and off-piste trails around Bergen Fri Flyt . When you arrive at the farm, we can give you more detailed information and a map of current tours.
The weather conditions can be variable from bright sun and fresh snow to intense wind with flying snow. So, both weather conditions and terrain are for you with experience and who like tough conditions outside the big ski resorts. Good equipment, experience and the right clothing are a prerequisite.
In return, you get fantastic nature in varied and exciting mountain terrain. With high peaks, sheltered valleys and great off-piste downhill skiing.
The farm is only a one-hour train trip to Voss where you will find the largest ski resort in Western Norway. Voss has something to offer skiers at all levels, whether you are a beginner just learning how to ski, or an experienced skier looking for something a bit more challenging.
When choosing top touring skis there is a lot to choose from and it can be difficult to know precisely which skis suit you and your needs. Therefore, it can be a good idea to rent top touring skis instead of buying them, you can test out different variants from Hygglo
How to get to the farm:
- Bergen Airport (BGO) is only 40 minutes by public transport or 25 minutes by car.
- Arna Train Station, on the Oslo - Bergen line, is only 20 minutes by public transport or 10 minutes by car.
- We also have an 8-seter minibus for transfer to the airport, train station, city center and start point for skiing.
How to get to start point for skiing:
- We provide an 8-seter minibus for transfer to the start point for skiing on Gullfjellet (Gold Mountain) and Ulriken.
- To Voss, we recommend going by train from Arnat Station (ca. one hour)
Book ditt opphold
- Your booking will be not refundable - It's possible to request for change of dates and room type.
- In rooms with beds for more than two people it will be an extra charge per person over three years old.
- Pets are only allowed in Standard Room 1st. Floor - pet fee is NOK 150,- per night (pay in reception on arrival).
- The Rescue Cabin on Gullfjellet
- Ut.no / Local Hikes
- Espeland Museum
- Arna Salomon River
- Veteran Train Museum
- The Heathland Centre
- Hang and Paragliding club right by the farm
- SPAR Grocery (2 km)
- Visit Bergen
- Arna train station
- Visit Osterøy
- Visit Hardanger Fjord
- Voss Folkemuseum
- Ulriken - updated hike conditions
- Private Fjordcruise by Zodiac Speed Boat
- Tour/hiking tips Westland