Autumn at the farm
We invite you to stay at our farm in autumn when the colour is amazing.
Mists descend from these mountains and linger among the orange and auburn treetops, fields and lakes as autumn approaches. The sheep, rabbits, ducks and horses sense its coming, drawing closer to the farm and enjoying the warmth of the slowly-dimming sun. The farmhands – and students who work and study here – begin drawing in for the winter, harvesting the final crops. Guests who feel the chill relax in the sauna until the warmth of the wood permeates the skin before returning across sleek grey tiles and heating to the haven of their rooms. Composed of various farm buildings, including a nineteenth-century barn, the red timber-clad spaces engender a modern Scandinavian aesthetic with touches of whimsy and traditional charms.
If the weather is cold and rainy you can enjoy our big cosy kitchen and living room. Make some tasty food and enjoy a glass of wine or beer.
Autumn is a nice and cosy time, quiet, with amazing colour. It can be sun or rain. Around the farm, you can go for a walk in the village, or you can go hiking in the surrounding mountains. You can even walk to the city Centre of Bergen over the mountain Ulriken, and go back by bus.
If you like to have a relaxing and luxury stay at our farm, you can make your booking on this page.
In Bergen it's a lot of things to do in the autumn:
- Visit one of the famous seafood restaurants - in autumn the seafood is tastier due to the cold and clear water.
- Go to one of the art galleries and the museums in peace and quiet - outside the tourist season.
- Visit a bar with an intimate concert - ist many of them in Bergen or a bigger one i.e. in Grieghallen
- A Fjord Cruise in the area around Bergen.
- Explore the famous Flåm Railway from the Fjord to the high mountain in only 40 minutes.
- Visit then beautiful village of Voss, and i.e. visit Voss Folkemuseum
Visit this page to find out more about what to do in Bergen in the autumn: visitnorway.com
Please take a look at the links on the right side, there you will find tips about nice places to visit.
Free Concierge Service: Our passion is to give tailor-made advice to our guests so that they can see and experience exactly what they want. Mountain hikes, waterfalls, glaciers, fjord cruises, museums, art, concerts - we know our area and would like to share our knowledge with you as our guest.
We have an 8-seter shuttle bus to pick you up at the airport (30 min,) or at Arna Train Station (10 min). From the farm, it's only twenty-five minutes from the city Centre.
Looking forward to seeing you - you are warmly welcome)))
Reservation/booking of Rooms:
- Your reservation is not refundable, but dates can be changed (not reduced) up on request
- Your stay can be extended after booking, and after arrival (if there are rooms available)
- In rooms with beds for more than two people it will be an extra charge per person/night over two years old.
- Stay for children under the age of two is free of charge.
- Pets are only allowed in Standard Room 1st. Floor - pet fee is NOK 150,- per night (payment in reception on arrival).
- We are not giving refunds if you don't show up, or if you are leaving earlier than booked.
- Included in the price: Sauna - Concierge Service - Boats/canoe/kayak/barbeque-equipment (coal, firewood and lighter fluid are not included)
- Paid services: Washing Machine & Dryer - Transportation - Rent of bikes - Charcoal/igniting liquid.
- The Rescue Cabin on Gullfjellet
- Ut.no / Local Hikes
- Espeland Museum
- Arna Salomon River
- Veteran Train Museum
- The Heathland Centre
- Hang and Paragliding club right by the farm
- SPAR Grocery (2 km)
- Visit Bergen
- Arna train station
- Visit Osterøy
- Visit Hardanger Fjord
- Voss Folkemuseum
- Ulriken - updated hike conditions
- Private Fjordcruise by Zodiac Speed Boat
- Tour/hiking tips Westland